Thursday, November 13, 2014

Baby toys with iPad holders?

Okay, so I was on Amazon, looking at dumb toys for infants, and I came across this one, and my heart literally sank into my stomach. An activity table with an iPad holder smack dab in the middle!? Are you kidding me... babies/toddlers do not need to have iPads in front of their faces all hours of the day. These toys are only developmentally appropriate when they cater to infants' needs! Needs like fine motor skills and exploring sounds and learning to control their fingers and hands... 

This makes me so mad. It sucks that parents are so uninformed about the effects of media on infant brains, and that dumb toy makers make crap like this. 

Also, this description is my favorite: "The iDiscover App Activity Table encourages first words with playful phrases and sing-along songs. Downloadable activities teach letters, shapes and more to build vocabulary. The table rewards curiosity and encourages discovery with fun sound effects and lights."

TVs CAN'T TEACH INFANTS ANYTHING!!!



http://www.amazon.com/VTech-iDiscover-App-Activity-Table/dp/B00CMNX3Q6/ref=pd_sbs_t_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0QQZAR4NEXGTB5CXVFX3 

No comments:

Post a Comment