Friday, September 12, 2014

WHY Do We Fall in Love With TV Shows?

While reflecting on why I have been so attached to certain T.V. shows in the past, it's been hard to pinpoint the reasons. Some shows are so silly or overblown with crazy drama and I'm sometimes embarrassed at how much I loved them. (Glee!)

I think that the reason might be that we just love people.Writers are so good at making their characters believable and interesting. Sometimes we don't even like a character but we just can't get enough of them!

Maybe the big reason we get sucked in is because of how much we like people and getting to know them. In dramas we get to know people we would never meet in real life; we get to see inside of them and analyze why they act the way they do. I think it might just fulfill a universal need we all have for connecting with and caring about other human beings.


2 comments:

  1. I agree. I love my most beloved tv shows because I connect so much and so well with the characters. With the people. Good insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Glee! But, I'm the same whenever I say I am a fan of the show...it always comes out a little shamefully ;) I agree though, you have writers that create brilliant scripts and great actors to help bring that script to life and causes the audience to related and connect with them and their situations.

    ReplyDelete